PRESS CONFERENCE: “GAZPROM-UGRA” VS “TYUMEN”
The editorial office of “Moskovskaya Pravda” was visited by Ivan Chishkala, futsal player of the club “Gazprom-UGRA” and the Russian national team. The chief editor of “MP” awarded him a prize as the best young player of the season-2015/2016 according to the media. This season, Ivan became the owner of the UEFA Cup and Russian […]
The editorial office of “Moskovskaya Pravda” was visited by Ivan Chishkala, futsal player of the club “Gazprom-UGRA” and the Russian national team. The chief editor of “MP” awarded him a prize as the best young player of the season-2015/2016 according to the media.
This season, Ivan became the owner of the UEFA Cup and Russian Cup, as well as the vice-champion the Super League. Recently he has won the title of vice-champion as a player of the national team.
– Perhaps, I will disappoint you, but I, as a representative of “Moskovskaya Pravda”, supported other candidates. Let me explain what confused me in your performance, red card, which, fortunately, did not become fatal.
– These things happen sometimes. The judge thought that the foul was worth red card, and it is always difficult to play in Spain. I was removed, let the team down but thank God we won!
– But you also were give red card in the fifth final game of the Super League.
– I agree; I did not keep my emotions. But those who saw the whole round, could understand me. Then I talked to many people, and the team supported me, saying that everything was done correctly.
– These episodes remember the World Cup semi-final against Iran, when at the end you risked to get a second “yellow card”…
– Here I do not understand how it was possible to remove for a foul in the center. After all, I did nothing rude – no tackle or injury to the opponent.
– Well, let’s go back a few years ago. I heard you name for the first time when you trained at the academy of “Dina” and the sub-21 coach Alexander Verizhnikov, a genuine professional, said: “Chishkala plays as a grown-up.” Did you feel any superior over your peers?
– No way! I didn’t feel any better, I have never had star syndrome. Especially when I was fifteen. At the “Dina” academy I had a wonderful coach who helped me a lot, and as a team, we fought for each other.
– Yet you start to comprehend grown-up futsal only in the “Gazprom-UGRA”.
– Yes, I did this step, and probably the right one. No one knows if I would have achieved such results in “Dina”.
– After the Super League final 2013-2014, when “Dina” beat your team, did not regret about the transition?
– Not at all, I never thought about it. When I moved to “Gazprom-UGRA”, I turned the page, started from the scratch. It could happen that in “Dina” I would never get to the first team.
– In November, “Gazprom-UGRA” won the right to play in the “Final Four” of the UEFA Cup again. Do you think it will be easier, taking into account the experience gained in the previous draw?
– Not at all. It will be hard since the strongest team are participating in the “Final Four”, all the teams are of top level. We have been preparing seriously, we want to win the UEFA Cup again.
The interview was conducted by Georgy Morozov