GAZPROM-UGRA VS KPRF
On September 8 the Russian national team held a general meeting in Colombia. The President Emil Aliev, Honorary President Semen Andreev, head coach of the team Sergey Skorovich and members of the administrative staff wished players a good championship. At the meeting they also chose captain of the team: he will be a 35-year-old FC […]
On September 8 the Russian national team held a general meeting in Colombia. The President Emil Aliev, Honorary President Semen Andreev, head coach of the team Sergey Skorovich and members of the administrative staff wished players a good championship. At the meeting they also chose captain of the team: he will be a 35-year-old FC “Gazprom-UGRA” player, Vladislav Shayakhmetov, he’s taken part in 72 matches for the national team and scored 37 goals.
– Captain’s armband in the national team is not an ordinary event in the career of any athlete, – commented Vladislav Shayakhmetov. – I do understand now those people who used to be in my shoes: it is necessary to say something about your feelings, but you don’t really know what. This is a new stage in my career, I am happy that it has come, and I can only thank the management of the team for their trust and all those people who have been leading me through my whole sports life, for their patience and transmitted knowledge. Now it’s my task not to bring anyone down. I’ll make all possible efforts to do so.
– In the match for the Super Cup of Russia on August 6th, you were injured. Did you run the risk of missing the World Cup?
– Of course, I ran the risk. Then the injury turned out to be more serious than it seemed. The doctors did everything they could so that I could recover as soon as possible and was able to qualify for the trip to Colombia. As you can see, nothing bad happened.
– Even for your rich experience this World Cup stands out, because it never had started so early before.
– I agree. Because of it we had to start the national championship earlier, and the preparation for it was quite fleeting. So the main work on the “physics” took place in the national team. The situation is similar in all European teams, in most countries domestic championships have not even started yet. In this regard, everyone is in equal conditions.
– Vladislav, I can’t help asking about your feelings since this is your third World Championship. Now will everything be like the first time or experience is already making it feel some different?
– Not really, feelings are the same. The tournament is held every four years, then it is simply impossible to get used to it. And especially when the games are on such a level, you come and you realize that everybody expects you to show the maximum of your skills. What can I say? Any athlete wants to perform at the World Cup, and when this happens, you want to repeat it again.
– Any emotions left from EURO 16?
– Some after pains after the final game, where we did not show our best qualities. But actually, the faster we forget it, the better. It is necessary to learn all the necessary experience and move on. Things that happened can’t be changed. Now we have a new tournament, and all that happened in the past, should not distract anyone.