Juan Emilio Gil Camacho
Winner of the Catalonia Cup 2015;
Two-time champion of Spain among teams U-21, seasons 2013-2014, 2014-2015;
Two-time champion of the youth league Honor Division, seasons 2013-2014, 2015-2015;
Champion of Spain among the territorial teams of 2013.
- Please tell us how your futsal hobby started?
- I always dreamed of becoming a professional player. I started playing at the age of 7, and it was my first coach who went to my house after the first classes and told me to train further. Professionally I connected my life with this sport since Barcelona signed a contract with me. At that time I was 15 years old and I played in the local team of the SD “Gador”, and from 19 years old until the invitation to Gazprom-Ugra in the club Peniscola.
- What do you know about Russian futsal?
- Everyone knows that the current vice-champion of the world in futsal is Russia. Russian futsal is currently included in the international elite with high-class players. Gazprom-Ugra was the European futsal champion, beating Inter Movistar in 2016 at UEFA, and last year was very close to winning against Barcelona and getting to the final four. Russian futsal – as the whole sport – is gradually becoming known throughout the world.
- Was the offer from Gazprom-Ugra a surprise?
- Yes. My agent informed me about this when I was at home, and I must say that I was very happy to hear that a team of this level was knocking on my door.
- What thoughts did you have about your new career path before going to Russia?
- Adapt to the game with my new colleagues as soon as possible, to the work of the coaching staff and get to know the fans in order to start helping the team as soon as possible. We need to move a little bit to finally win the Super League of Russia, which, as far as I saw, is very difficult, as well as the Cup of Russia, the second game of the semi-final of which we will have in the near future.
- What do you know about Russia?
- Regarding Russia, everyone knows who Yuri Gagarin is and the famous Red Square in Moscow (which I should visit as soon as possible). I know very little about national cuisine, but I promise to get to know it during my stay in Russia. Regarding the people – Russians are very kind and friendly people, in Spain we have a big Russian community.
- Please share your first impressions of the north?
- This is very cold. When I flew by plane to Yugorsk, I was impressed by the view from the window. I’ve never seen so much snow in my life. If you already know, I’m from Almeria (southern Spain), where the sun shines almost all year round, and the earth is deserted. For me, this is a new experience that I encounter, full of determination and enthusiasm.
- How did the relatives react to the move?
On the one hand, the family was very upset that I was going to another country, where there is a different culture, everything is different. On the other hand, they were very happy, because I had the opportunity to express myself in another Championship, this is an opportunity for self-development in new conditions.
- Do you have a hobby, what do you do in your free time?
In Spain spent my free time outside with friends, in good weather, and in the remaining time I watch TV shows or movies.