Today, October 31, Nando celebrates his birthday!
Last weekend, the FC “Gazprom-UGRA” for the first time in history won both away games against the main opponent, Moscow region “Dynamo”, 4-2 and 2-1. In addition to the two wins, followed by the fact that “Gazprom” has risen to second place in the standings, another important event of the 6th round is that Zviad […]
Last weekend, the FC “Gazprom-UGRA” for the first time in history won both away games against the main opponent, Moscow region “Dynamo”, 4-2 and 2-1. In addition to the two wins, followed by the fact that “Gazprom” has risen to second place in the standings, another important event of the 6th round is that Zviad Kupatadze set a new record, he scored his 18th goal in the Russian Super League.
Today, we talked with the “Gazprom-UGRA” goalkeeper and learned how important these victories are for the team on the eve of the UEFA Cup:
– Two victories over “Dynamo” is a significant event for the team and for our fans. It is not ess important that we won the games at their home. But the main significance of the victory lies in the fact that since the beginning of the new season, we’ve been looking for our game, many said the team is down due to the lack of our old key players, but we have proved to everybody that nothing is impossible for us and we are able to cope with all kind of difficulties. This match was a kind of test of strength before the UEFA Cup.
– Congratulations on your record update! How important such personal achievements for you are?
– Emotions out of the scored goal are very positive, especially knowing in whose net the goal was scored and how important it was for the team. For me it is important to score from time to time, it makes me more confident.
– In two weeks starts the UEFA Cup, how ready you are for the tournament?
– The team is gradually gaining strength, but despite such a good result, which we have shown in the last round, it is impossible to relax today. Our last victories are a boost to improve our score in the future. Now there is still time for us to prepare and show our best in the elite round of the UEFA Cup.
– What do you think about the opponents?
– Out of all of them I know the Azerbaijani team “Araz”. They often reach the Final Four, their coach knows how to motivate his players, so I am sure that they set up for a serious fight against us.